Heavy Duty Cootie

Discuss keys,paddles,keyers here.
admin
Site Admin

Heavy Duty Cootie

Postby admin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:53 pm

From it's simple design to it's solid build and smooth operation the Heavy Duty Cootie is a real performer. Machined from solid 6061 aircraft aluminum and mounted on a solid 3/4 inch thick brass base this key looks great and stays put. It has an adjustable length lever arm made from a real hack saw blade with machined aluminum finger piece. Adjust the blade length to your liking for a custom feel. Contact gaps are also adjustable. Now taking orders. $125 plus shipping.
Attachments
Cootie.JPG
Cootie.JPG (245.64 KiB) Viewed 674 times
If it wasn't for Dit there would be no Dah !

W1SFR

Re: Heavy Duty Cootie

Postby W1SFR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Looking good buddy. Like your adjustable length lever. Simple and effective. Steve, W1SFR

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks Steve ! That means allot coming from a master key builder like yourself. Welcome to the forum. -Joe

N6XJP

Postby N6XJP » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:17 am

Absolutely gorgeous! I "accidentally" collect keys. Not a ton of them, but several. Recently been working with my Cootie on the air, but have to hold it in my left hand and use my right to send. It's a bit light on its feet! I would love to build a Cootie....maybe some day. Would love to find a source for heavy brass.

Are you sure if it weren't for a dit there would be no dah! Hmmmm...maybe. hihi.

Ham for 25 + years and proud to say I can count all of my SSB contacts on both hands, and still have fingers left over.

Dave

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:26 am

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I buy all of my brass from Online Metals. Look at their C360 brass flat bar. You will find any thickness and width you desire there. I find 3/4 inch thick by at least 2.5 inches wide by 4 inches deep stays put on the table. -Joe N3HEE

Return to “Keys & Key Building”